Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15-bp003nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Update to Windows 10 Version 1903.  Windows update page on my laptop indicates that a the new version 1903 is available, but not totaly compatible with my HP Envy X360, so it is put on hold. When I click on "more information" , a Microsoft website is opened  with all known issues concerning the upgrade to 1903.

A problem that exists for my laptop is the Intel Audio display driver intcdaud.sys versions 10.25.0.3 to 10.25.0.8 (I have the 10.25.05), causing a serious battery drain.

This version of the intcduad.sys is part of the Intel (HD) graphics driver version 24.20.100.6025, and is the latest version on the support website of my HP envy X360 15-bp003nb.

So went to the Intel support website and started the application Intel driver and support Assistant. The App recognized the old installed version of the Intel (HD) graphics driver, but did not want to update the version because :

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Hewlett-Packard (HP) for the latest driver for your computer.

But on the HP support website there is no newer version of the Intel (HD) Graphics 620 driver.

The Windows 10 version actualy installed on my laptop is1803 and as of November 2019 Microsoft will no longer support it.

So what can I do. Is my laptop old fashioned after only 2 years ???????????????

Realy can use any help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see my knowledgebase article at the link below for how to manually update the graphics driver to the latest version on the Intel website...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-I...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see my knowledgebase article at the link below for how to manually update the graphics driver to the latest version on the Intel website...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-I...

HP Recommended

Well, you made my day. 

After the installation of the new driver from intel I could install Windows 1903 without any problem from the update page of my laptop.

I hope this will help a lot of people.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.