Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

olko01, I have the same issue with the same laptop, but I cannot get the updated Protecttools to install.  It keeps hanging right after the copying files phase of the installation process.  I've already uninstalled the previous Protecttolls version, as well as the disk encryption service that was connected to it.

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

MarkinCA

install first the Frameworks

control Panel > Turn Windows Feature on net. 3.5 an 4.6

reboot

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Both Frameworks were already installed, but I checked a few additional sub-level boxes to make sure everything was turned on.  Rebooted and tried to install Protect Tools.  No joy.  Installation hangs in the same place, about 2/3 of the way along after the Copying New Files portion of the process. Just to be clear, the problem is during the install, not while luanching the application.

HP Recommended

markinCA

uninstall the Ptotect Tools

Install first the HP Device Access Manager restart

Install the new HP Client Security Manager

for the other driver use the new HP SoftPaq Download Manager

if you have a internet Security use first the manufacturer uninstaller before you install the software

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

When uninstalling existing older Protect Tools, it seemed to uninstall correctly, but software name remains in installed software list under Programs and Features.

Tried installing Device Access Manager and get Error 1327, Invalid Drive: N:\, which is a mapped network drive (NAS).  I've had this same issue when attempting to install updates to QuickBooks. Unmapping does not seem to fix it.  No idea what this is about.

Thoughts?  Sorry to be such a bother.

HP Recommended

Mark

is a future activates you can not uninstall the protecttools

for Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools deactivate read the manual page 37

'Error 1327"  unmap the drive letter and other devices deactivate the windows  NAS Login

HP Recommended

I do not have drive encryption installed.  I was able to remove Protect Tools earlier without any problem, but for some unknown reason not this time.

Well, things did not go well.  I tried installing the Device Manager again, and this time it told me I had to first install the Client Security Manager software.  But When I tried to install that, I got this error:

Errpr 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A progam run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action PinShortcut. 9EA0D2F2_9FB2_8EC0_91D104EC99CC, location : C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\...\DPClientConsole.exe"

Boom.

HP Recommended

MarkInCA

I have same problem.  When I updated to Win 10, I was able to use HP Protecttools  sp63727. However, when this big new Win 10 update happened this weekend, I am no longer able to get HP Protecttools to install. It hangs at the same spot you mention.

I have checked the Framework versions and enabled all boxes etc.

I'd love to get this resolved!!

I tried the HP Client Security Manager and got the same error # 1722 as you did.

(I have a EliteBook 8770w)

HP Recommended

I guess it would be asking too much of HP to actually support Windows 10 these machnes.  I love my EliteBook 8740w and use it as my main workstation along with an HP ZR24w monitor.  Still has lots of life left in it, and HP should stand behind their products instead of hiding from them.  No wonder the company is hurting so much. They need to take better care of their customers. They used to be amazing, but not anymore and not for a long time.

HP Recommended

I got the fingerprint device # VFS491 to work with the following Synaptics (Validity) Fingerprint Sensor Driver  - sp71833 and with HP SimplePass for Windows 10 - sp63224

I removed the finger prints registered at the BIOS.  I also got Windows Hello to work!

I just need to get Windows Logon with a fingerprint to work!  I'll report when I get that to work as well!

Update:  Emm.... just reboot!

So far everything is working as expected.  The only thing is I do not have the finger print option at BIOS level (when you first switch on the laptop)

My laptop is Elitebook 8770w

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.