Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ-40 601tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having this compaq laptop from 2010 and it works good but I want to find how much ram i can increase in this laptop without any doubt. It current ram is DDR2 3GB RAM with speed of 800 mhz. So please help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

c01714937.pdf (hp.com)

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1 on page 1.

2 x 2 GB of DDR2-6400 memory is the max.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

c01714937.pdf (hp.com)

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1 on page 1.

2 x 2 GB of DDR2-6400 memory is the max.

HP Recommended

I read the specifications it is having core2 duo processor but ny processor is of pentium and the model is CQ 40 PC notebook but mine is CQ40-601TU notebook not this so I am having doubt this will support or not. So please solve out this problem

HP Recommended

Below is the link to the parts list for your notebook.

HP PartSurfer

According to the parts list, it has a Pentium T4400 processor, correct?

While the manual does not list your processor, it lists the T4200, which is in the same family and also supports 2 x 2 GB of memory, as do all of them.

HP Recommended

Ok thanks a lot 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All you would need to do is to replace the 1 GB chip with a 2 GB chip and also the memory will run in the higher performing dual channel mode.

Right now the memory is only running in single channel mode with 3 GB installed.

HP Recommended

Can you please do one more favour to tell me best ram that I can buy on Amazon India

It will help me a lot

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.