Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-1d21dx

Clarification, please! I've been told on this forum that I should upgrade the BIOS for my Pavilion g6-1d21dx to version F.48, which seems to be the latest one available on the product page. However, the BIOS currently on my machine is version F.49. Wouldn't F.49 be newer than F.48? Can anyone explain the discrepancy and tell me if there are any meaningful differences between the two BIOS versions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ended up installing BIOS revision F.46, because this revision restores the computer's ability to go in and out of sleep and hibernate modes, which was broken in a subsequent BIOS revision (that was a HUGE source of frustration). In the absence of other information about the BIOS revisions, I recommend that users go with revision F.46. The 32-bit version of Windows 10 runs beautifully with F.46 on my Pavilion g6-1d21dx.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

diamante

Unfortunately, the HP product page for your PC only shows one version of the BIOS -- F.48, and that came out in 2012.

They do not show the newer version (F.49), so there is no information about what changed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I appreciate at least getting a response, but the answer essentially repeats the information I provided in my original post, and the presence of any answer could give people the impression that the issue has been resolved.

This seems like the type of issue I should be able to get a definitive answer to as an HP customer. Does anyone know if my BIOS (version F.49) has been intentionally removed from the support site? Maybe someone forgot to update the website with the newest version? Or maybe there was a problem with F.49? Should I downgrade to version F.48? If no one on this forum knows, is there someone who can get an answer from HP?

HP Recommended

I ended up installing BIOS revision F.46, because this revision restores the computer's ability to go in and out of sleep and hibernate modes, which was broken in a subsequent BIOS revision (that was a HUGE source of frustration). In the absence of other information about the BIOS revisions, I recommend that users go with revision F.46. The 32-bit version of Windows 10 runs beautifully with F.46 on my Pavilion g6-1d21dx.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.