Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7-2341dx

on the help page for my laptop. Used to be able to order a recovery USB stick. But now I can't seem to find the option anymore. Is it even possible to do that anymore? Because I would really like to buy one so I could restore my laptop to factory settings. I have the original hard drive fail so I have no way to reinstall the windows 8  with the windows key. I really would like to restore this laptop so I have a computer to use right now. If you think you can help me please do help because I really want to do this. Sadly I can't even remember what the USB drive is going to cost. But I really want to order it. 

Thanks in Advance:

[Personal Information Removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to order W8 recovery media for your model notebook...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-g7-2300-Notebook-PC-series/5330581/model/5387825/...

HP Recommended

OMG!!! Thank You so Much! Is ther a price on the stick?

HP Recommended
Forgot to ask something. Do you have to have the same size hard drive as somebody is telling me? Because I came with a 750 GB hard drive. But the only spare dries I have laying around is it 250 and a 500 and a couple broken PS3's. So can I use Those with USB recovery, or do I need a 750 go hard drive?
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't work for or represent HP, so I don't know what the cost of the recovery media is.

However, no doubt if you complete the form, you will be presented with a final cost before placing your order.

And yes...many times the recovery media will not work on a smaller hard drive than the one that was original to your PC.

If you check the maintenance and service guide for your model, chapter 3, page 21, it shows a variety of hard drive sizes for that model series--as small as 320 GB.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g7-2300-Notebook-PC-series/5330581/model/5387825/man...

While I am in no position to 100% guarantee the recovery media will work on a 500 GB drive, logically it should, if HP offered 320 GB drives in that model series. 

I think we can both agree that the 250 GB spare drive you have is probably not an option for the recovery media to work.

HP Recommended
It looks like it did come with the factory 750 GB but if you think the 500 GB should work better I'll pull that out of my fat PS3 that's backwards compatible. Then I use my Windows 7 installation the format it to a system that will work with the laptop. But I won't install Windows 7 on it I will wait for the USB stick to arrive. And the price of the USB the stick is $45 + $14.95 for shipping. Nice thing is is that's overnight shipping.
HP Recommended

I think the recovery disks will have a better chance of working on the 500 GB HDD, but if you want to try the 250 GB, and not cripple the PS3, you can try that first, and if it doesn't work, you can then put in the 500 GB HDD.

$60???   Wow, that is rather steep!

HP Recommended

No it turns out what I thought was a 500 GB drive in that PlayStation was not true. I got ripped off because it only had an 80 GBin there. So I'm gonna try the 250 GB and see if I can get it to work, if not I'll just have to wait another month and order a WD black 750 GB. 

HP Recommended

Hopefully it will work on a 250 GB HDD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.