cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeWaddler
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why won't my HP Envy laptop install Windows update?

HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every few days I get a notification that my laptop has to restart to install the new Windows 10 update.  After I restart the laptop, it is stuck on the screen "please wait while update is being installed" for hours.  I've waited over 24 hours a few times and the updates never got installed.  And the cycle starting with the notification begins again.  It's so frustrating.  Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,957 9,852 796 3,827
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @LeWaddler 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community !

It seems some update fails to install. There can be many reasons, like corrupted update, the update itself is faulty, there is a problem in your PC's Windows Update mechanism, there is some 3rd party application which prevents the proper installation........  Similar to "we know you have an infection, but we don't know which exactly you get".

Eventually, try again to install the Windows Updates (click on Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Updates). Ensure all updates are installed, reboot several times to see if the issue persists and how it goes

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation