Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Du3038tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model: 15s-du3038tu

Will clean installation of windows 10 64 bit (downloaded from Microsoft website) on my hard drive will remove all of the Alexa driver (always on voice recognition ability), HP default battery profile for best battery life, S0 low power idle sleep etc EVEN AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE????

My question is all features will work (same as pre-installed os) or not after windows update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nikhilnik 

You specifically asked if a fresh install would "remove" that stuff -- not if it would then reinstall it.  I answered the question.

It will only install what came originally preloaded when you bought the PC.  Anything you configured or installed after that will not be reinstalled.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nikhilnik 

Clean install of Windows will carry nothing over from current install and save nothing.  Not the accounts, the settings, the data, or the apps.  That's why it is called a Clean Install.

HP Recommended

I am not asking to keep my previous accounts, settings changed by me etc.

My question is that after clean installation and then downloading windows update will bring those default feature back like Alexa wake on voice(have some specific drivers installed), HP default battery settings(not default windows battery profile) etc.

Or these features are exclusive only for pre-installed windows ?

HP Recommended

@Nikhilnik 

You specifically asked if a fresh install would "remove" that stuff -- not if it would then reinstall it.  I answered the question.

It will only install what came originally preloaded when you bought the PC.  Anything you configured or installed after that will not be reinstalled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.