Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 6530HP Spectre x360 - 13t-ap000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Spectre x360 - 13t 14 months ago which came with Win 10. I like the machine, excellent keyboard, excellent monitor, but I hate Win 10. So the machine has only been switched on occaisionally to install updates, nothing else. Now comes Win 11, maybe that will change my opinion, maybe. But I've read that some Win 10 machines will need an add-in TPM card.

1. How can I find out if my laptop is one that will require this card?

And

2. Will it be possible to fit it in this laptop?

Any help much appreciated.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@David12228 

A1. You can check Device Manager as shown

tpmd.png

A2. If no, sorry you can't add to your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@David12228 

A1. You can check Device Manager as shown

tpmd.png

A2. If no, sorry you can't add to your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you. Your answer was exactly what I needed, and there is a Trusted Platform. So I'll install Win 11 when it becomes available and maybe get to use the Spectre after all.

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.