Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-1d60us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

unable to load windows 7 I goes to grey screen. I can move mouse but screen stayed for 5 hours

When I  leave it on the grey screen for several minutes, there is no rotating circle of dots appearring?  The screen stay blank?

And, there is no message of any kind on the screen?  I can move the mouse but cannot click it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nan912

This is a Hardware issue with the Hard drive and you can contact HP Support for Hard drive replacement or Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

IWhen I  leave it on the grey screen for several minutes, there is no rotating circle of dots appearring?  The screen stay blank?

And, there is no message of any kind on the screen?  I can move the mouse but cannot click it.

HP Recommended

@Nan912

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you run a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests

If all the Tests pass, please perform a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started

- Shut down the computer completely.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
- If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
- On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.
- On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.
- Click Windows 7 as the target operating system.
- The System Restore window opens. Click Next.
- Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next.
- The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
-Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
- Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.
- System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Keep me posted how it goes and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a system tune-up which I ran.  It failed so I didn't go any further.

Failure ID: PLGKVT-61F9JU-MFGK01-60WH03

Product ID: A6Z59UA#ABA

SETUP UTILITY,  diagnostics,  the PRIMARY HARD DISK SELF TEST. The results HARD DISK 1 Quick (303)

MEMORY TEST:   Memory test passed  

HP Recommended

@Nan912

This is a Hardware issue with the Hard drive and you can contact HP Support for Hard drive replacement or Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.