Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq 6510b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I get blue screens of varied messages like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and STOP: 0x0000007B when I try to set up Windows 7. It has 4 gigs of RAM. Also, tell me if I need more info please. Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Actually, it was one of my RAM sticks that was faulty. But thanks, giving kudos to you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums I understand you are getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors IRQL means = Interrupt Request Level Processor is sending Interrupt command for the action which you are trying to perform That can result in Blue screen Try to enable Legacy in the BIOS settings If still the same issue It is either the Windows 7 setup is having issues with Installation Try with a different Installation Media Hope this helped. Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.
I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

HP Recommended

Actually, it was one of my RAM sticks that was faulty. But thanks, giving kudos to you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.