Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cp0000ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm trying to update my Envy x360 Ryzen 2500U based 2-in-1 laptop ( 15-cp0000ur) from windows 10 1809 to 1903.

The first update stage goes well. After the first reboot update installs to 40% and goes to the second reboot.

At this stage, I'm getting BSOD with "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION" error. Install tries to recover. After the second BSOD installation automatically rollbacks to the previous windows version.

I've tried thee different ways to upgrade:

- windows upgrade assistant

- standard windows update

- iso download + unpack to HDD

Got the same "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION" error on all these attempts.

I've read on Guru 3d about some Ryzen BSODs during 1903 update and installed AMD chipset drivers, recommended in the article. With no luck.

I think that some device driver incompatible with windows 1903.

Can HP confirm that all recent drivers have been delivered for my laptop or suggest a way how to fix this error?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@UserX3 

Please try the following fix first

https://techloris.com/dpc-watchdog-violation-windows-10/

Then remove ALL USB devices before try again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for assistance.

The problem was with my Samsung 970 pro drive with enabled BitLocker (which I previously have installed by myself and used it with Windows 10 1809  as system drive ).

After I disabled BitLocker and uninstalled the Samsung NVMe driver, upgrade installed smoothly.

So, it was not an HP problem.

Problem solved.

UPD:

Finally, I rolled back to 1809, because of random BSOD's during work. I think I should wait for better driver optimizations for 1903.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.