Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@fsudolphin 

Ok, firt off, I am NOT an HP employee, nor do I represent HP, nor do I have any sway with HP.  So, telling me what HP should do is not going to accomplish anything.

Second, as to the 1909 Upgrade, the comment about it being trivial is based on lots of comments from Win10 sources about how this is little more than a cumulative update.  I have applied this on over a dozen different PCs, some of them being HP, and have run into absolutely NO problems on any of them.  And, i have read extensively on the experiences others have had along the same lines as reported in other forums.  So, I am sticking with my view.

Third, the fact that SOME PCs are not experiencing problems with this is unfortunate, but hey, there are millions of different PCs out there and no one can guarantee that even a Cumulative Update will not have problems with NONE of them. And, I am not guaranteeing that either, just reporting what I have found and seen from others.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

My friend, the idea is that the drivers are version locked instead of just blocking older versions than that. People are doing clean installations even if theres no new version of windows coming out a few times in the year. HP is screwing up its own users by not releasing an updated version of the drivers and for letting us find a solution to the issue they made themselves.  Today somewhere in the world an individual that does not know this just bought a new hp laptop and is going to install 1909 from scratch. He is going to be playing for hours trying to figure out how to make the drivers work and if lucky he may end up in this thread. 
Fsudolphin - I just answered the question of the guy as he asked me how I did it myself. I did  "thumbs up" your answer.

HP Recommended

6. In that folder, search for 18362 << I tried this but cannot find any 18362 files in any folder.
Would you please suggest? Thank you.

HP Recommended

@MeowZX
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • What is the exact issue with the computer? Are you able to use your computer?

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally, I found the cause and solve it in 3 minutes. I would like to share to HP community.

The problem was actually about PCIe driver which you may find it "!" in Device Manager > System

Display Adapter RTX use PCIe interface and it was why disappeared.

Just simply right click and update PCIe driver and it would work perfectly.

Cheers,

HP Recommended

@Echo_lake I am sorry but whats with the generic answer? 
1. An answer has been selected already
2. Its my post an none from HP answered till now
3. The guy was asking about a step in our solution to HP's driver issue for 1909...

@MeowZX I have also experienced the pcie issue you mentioned. PCIE was with ! and my rtx's control center disappeared. I could revert to Microsoft generic and then back to the hp one but it would happen again out of nowhere after some time. The solution you got to alone seems to be the only one for a long period of time. Weirdly I did not experience that issue with a previous version of 1903 (from May) but from the September/October updates onwards.

HP Recommended

@aNdRi3
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, this is a "software package" related issue and this can be fixed reinstalling the windows OS. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake thank you for the answer. Sadly it doesn't matter how many times we reinstall the OS. It works at first normally, always, and after a certain amount of time the laptop ends up with the PCIE 1901 driver being marked and the gpu missing from device manager. It can be fixed only by searching online for driver in device manager and using the "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901". I got like 3 reinstallations because of it till now and the only thing that worked without any problems is using a driver that windows finds for the device instead of what HP is providing. And I need to repeat that they should, at least, just unlock the locked drivers for 1909 if they don't want to update them. But if they are to update them, they should consider the PCIE 1901 controller instability and try to correct it as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.