Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

this is not truly a question, I just want to share my experience and maybe save someone who has the same problem some hours of browsing the forums.

I have found that after bunch of Windows updates in november, the MSDTC (Distributed transaction coordinator) stopped working. Everyone with HP Elitebook 840 G4 and G5 was experiencing the same problem.

The symptom beside of non-working distributed transactions are, that if you go to the Component Service management dialog Component Service->Computers->My Computer, you'll see My Computer icon has red arrow on it, which means it is basically down. If you then click on COM+ Applications, you'll get message that COM+ is unable to talk to MS DTC and error code 0x8004E00F.

To be short, after endless googling, messing with settings and registry modifications, I ended up disabling services that resemble HP user experience tools and drivers, because this kind of utilities and driver services was mentioned on the various forums as one of the more common causes of this problem.

It ended up that when HP Hotkey UWP Service is the cause. When it runs, MS DTC is down, when it is disabled, MS DTC works. So in my case, it stays disabled from now on.

The real problem is the sneaky nature of this issue. You (and your entire team/company) will get this bug silently into your OS via Windows Update and you'll never know it's broken until you need it (and you don't have the time to fix it).

Maybe this problem will reach someone from HP (I haven't found any BUG submit form or anything to directly let anyone know) and they will repair the service.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

google and found this

try this

find below 5 services and stop them, if any

• HPAppHelperCap
  • HPNetworkCap
  • HPSysInfoCap
  • HPTouchpointAnalyticsService
Everything will flow.
HP Recommended

I have nearly the same problem with a brand new zBook 15v G5. Made a complete recover with HP´s Recovery Manager. So it looks like that the red arrow is set by default ;(.

I get an EventID 8007041D

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.