Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 15 - Gaming CX000xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not able to update my Windows 10 recent update i.e.

"2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1090 for x64-based Systems (KB4549951) 

Last failed install attempt on ‎09/‎05/‎2020 - 0x800f0922"

Anyone can support in this regard?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hassanjaved Peace be unto you, 

This guided walk-through provides steps to fix problems with Windows Updates for Windows 8.1 and 7, such as taking a long time to scan, or error codes while installing updates.

For help with Windows Update issues in Windows 10, see Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10 instead.

A common cause of errors is inadequate drive space. If you need help freeing up drive space, see Tips to free up drive space on your PC.

Also, There are many reasons why you might receive an error message when upgrading or installing Windows 10, but common errors can be fixed with a few steps that you can do on your own. Note: An upgrade takes your device from an older version of Windows, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, to Windows 10.

Before searching for a specific error code, try the tips listed in General fixes. If those don't fix your upgrade or installation problem, check the table of error codes at the bottom of this article.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Thanks for your support.

I was not able to fix the issue as most of my C drive is free of space. I am not able to figure out what is the problem over here. Also I can see my system partition without any data. It shows 260 MB free space is 100%. It that sound strange. What I guess I installed a fresh Windows without deleting the system partitions. Does that sound odd ? 

BR,

Hassan 

HP Recommended

@Hassanjaved I'm afraid 260 MB is not a lot of free space, if Windows 10 is installing cumulative updates, that would be at-least 800 MB to 1 GB, that could be a reason you are getting this error message, and I suggest you disable the hibernation mode to increase the free space of your device:

Follow the below steps to resolve Low Disk Space issues:

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure.
  • Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:
  • powercfg hibernate off

Enjoy your extra space!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.