Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-ra102nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

15-ra102nm problem with Windows 10 activation

SN: [Personal Information Removed]

Prod. no: 7EE74EA#AKQ

The computer messages that Windows 10 license is about to expire and that I need to activate Windows in Settings. The operation system was already installed when I bought the computer a year ago. It does not have digital license apparently, and I do not have the code or the product key to activate it the other way. What should I do?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The specs on your notebook indicate that it originally came with W10 Home 64 bit.

HP Notebook - 15-ra102nm Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

See if there is a valid W10 Home OEM product key in your notebook's BIOS by running the free utility that I zipped up and attached below.

This is what the report looks like for my PC.   Yours should indicate W10 Home OEM.

ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information

Product Name: Windows 10 Pro

Product ID: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXOEM

Version: 19042.685 (64-bit OS)

Installed Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

OEM Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

OEM Description: Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The specs on your notebook indicate that it originally came with W10 Home 64 bit.

HP Notebook - 15-ra102nm Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

See if there is a valid W10 Home OEM product key in your notebook's BIOS by running the free utility that I zipped up and attached below.

This is what the report looks like for my PC.   Yours should indicate W10 Home OEM.

ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information

Product Name: Windows 10 Pro

Product ID: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXOEM

Version: 19042.685 (64-bit OS)

Installed Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

OEM Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

OEM Description: Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM

HP Recommended

Thank you,

This was great help, I managed to solve the issue!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.