Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

well let me clearify if when u upgraded window 10 its bios version was resetted to orignal or stock or watever u want to say but now if u update ur bios from hp website and install it the shut down problem willl be slolved automatically 
if u find this helpfull please click on kudos

HP Recommended

Method 1 worked. Thank you. My laptop is EliteBook 8730W

HP Recommended

Get job. I used the solution for a week and it works great! Thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

This worked for me.... many thanks

HP Recommended

Have the same problem on HP Pavilion ok on Envy 15. This incomplete shutdown does not show in event viewer which in dicates normal shutdown. In effect it could be next to anything causing this, time HP took some responsibility.

HP Recommended

@mlkbay wrote:

Same problem here.  Would not of updated to Windows 10 if I new this would happen.

Tried the unchecking the "Turn on fast start-up" option in power setting, but does not work.

According to MS, there is some incompatible app preventing shutdown.

This issue is resolved in most cases by;

a) Removing the following HP programs from the programs and features list under the Control Panel

*note (HP ProtectTools Security Manager must be uninstalled last)

1) HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager

2) File Sanitizer For HP ProtectTools

3) Privacy Manager for ProtectTools

4) Theft Recovery

5) Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools

6) HP ProtectTools Security Manager

Some machines will function ok after these are removed although some will require a Firmware update.

For example; If you have a 8300 Elite Microtower EnergyStar then you would further require the Windows 8 Bios update x86 or x64 etc. found on the HP Drivers & Software section of support... here as there are no Windows 10 Bios options.

HP Recommended

It's not working.

HP Recommended

Found working solution on YouTube. It seems like problem with IME:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XXgFIM13O4

After upgrading to the latest Windows 10, some users are experiencing weird problems like lights keep on after power off and don't completely shut down, the laptop does not go to sleep, the laptop doesn't hibernate. After running some diagnostics and experiment, we found out that actually, it is ...
HP Recommended

FINALLY! I tried to fix this for months and this was the only thing that worked. THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

I

I had facing problem with shuting down PC (windows 10). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.