Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks, it helped me! 

HP Recommended
Thanks bro, I tried many solutions but failed. Finally this works for me
HP Recommended

This is extraordinarily effective in nothing other than drastically slowing my machine down. How do I reverse it?

HP Recommended

Well done, a solution that actually works at last. TY

HP Recommended

I feel the same way because I have the ame issue.

HP Recommended

Perfect, it works!

HP Recommended

The computer will not turn off or shut down

HP Recommended

@Pateverett Welcome to HP Community!

Here are a few steps that should help your cause:

• Step 1: Go to your Device Manager. You can find this option by searching for "device manager" in Cortana, or by going through your PC Settings. Below is a complete step-by-step instruction with pictures.
  • Step 2: Scroll down and expand the option named "System Devices".
  • Step 3: Find the hardware named "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface".
  • Step 4: Right-click on it, and click "Properties".
  • Step 5: Go the tab named "Power Option".
  • Step 6: Finally, uncheck the option that allows the computer to save power.
  • Step 7: Click on OK, and try to shut down your PC as normal.

There you have it!

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In reference to your note of 12-10-19 on this topic, I could NOT find the Power Option you mentioned. I have attached a picture of my Device Manager.HP Device Manager 1st Rev.jpg

HP Recommended

@mebskivt please update your BIOS, Chipset and graphics card drivers using the HP website, if you aren't able to find the appropriate updates on it, please make use of the HP support assistant and install all relevant updates,

The option should then be available for us, let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.