Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x350 model 13-4103DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why is this product not considered eligible for V2004,  not offered in Windows Update when seeking.  A driver issue?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@LRS4 

This has nothing whatsoever to do with HP -- it is entirely an MS decision.  They continue to block certain PCs from getting the 20.04 update, supposedly due to hardware/driver issues.  They will not tell us what the issues are and will not provide any information on when these blocks will be released.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Whoops, I typo'd the product, obviously is X360, not X350. 

Hard to believe this "modern" laptop is left to hang w/ no solution.  The $1,200 I paid was for an HP product.  There is really no active progress for a solution when 20H2 is already on my other machine (Dell)? 

HP Recommended

Hi, @LRS4 

You could always try forcing the update by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

I have updated most of my HP and Dell PC's that way. 

I think only two or 3 of them had the update show up from Windows update.  Most of them weren't even supported for W10 in the first place.

It depends on your level of comfort dealing with any potential issues, or you can always roll back to the current build you have installed now, if you don't delete any of the installation files.

You'd have 30 days to test it out before that option automatically disappears.

I've only had one ancient HP notebook, a 6910p from 2007 that wouldn't work right on v20H2.

The AMD Radeon x2300 graphics driver no longer worked.  Had to roll it back, and there it will sit.

HP Recommended

This  is not an old or legacy computer.  Some research shows the issue may be related to problems with HP's implementation of Conexant Audio drivers.  Another large, well known, respectable company.  This certainly should be promptly resolved soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.