Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

I've not applied yet your solution becasue I've been in  touch with HP Support until now; but HP support is not able to give me a solution... I' bougth the Notebook with Windows 7 preinstalled, on HP offical site, but HP says me that my notebook can only have Windows 8.1; I' cannot believe ! HP is  unreliable.

I' think I'll try to apply your solution but I've a question: do not i need to install  network drivers too? How can I install all other drivers that pc needs?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can find all the drivers you need after you get W7 to install, at the link below...

You have to click on the change button on the right side of the page, then you can drop down on the menu and select W7 64 bit.

https://support.hp.com/th-en/product/hp-elitebook-840-g1-notebook-pc/5405360/drivers

You do not need to install any other drivers (other than what I suggested previously) until after W7 is installed.

HP Recommended

Hi

I've tried to load X64 driver but I get this error:

"No new device could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media.

Maybe the driver is wrong?

HP Recommended

It's the right storage driver.

Unfortunately, I don't know why you can't install W7 on there.

HP Recommended

At the end I was able to complete installation; maybe there was some problem with usb port.

First I've installed Windows7 then with HP cd driverutility , all the driver my notebook needs

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to finally get W7 to install.

HP Recommended

Windows 7 will run on an HP 840 G1.  There are drivers on the HP website.  The only problem I've found with installing Windows 7 is that the touchscreen doesn't function.    If I could find a touchscreen driver that would function with Windows 7, I'd be installing that instead of Windows 10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.