Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DM1 4175sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Good afternoon peeps ,

I have my brothers pc with me as it's hard drive has gone pop. Being in his 60's he hasn't any recovery media. I have pumped the product key into microsoft for a copy of the iso but it refers me to HP for it. How can i get a link for the correct iso file to rebuild his machine please.

Thanks very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You cannot. HP has no .isos for download. Microsoft used to publish Windows 7 OEM .isos on its "digital river" site until maybe just under 2 years ago when they took it down. You can look on eBay and maybe just online for a recovery disk for your specific model which you see for sale for maybe $40, or you can take a walk on the wild side and look for Digital River mirror sites for Windows 7 .isos. They are out there and for the most part trustworthy but they are not official and Microsoft does not like us to post specific links for you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You cannot. HP has no .isos for download. Microsoft used to publish Windows 7 OEM .isos on its "digital river" site until maybe just under 2 years ago when they took it down. You can look on eBay and maybe just online for a recovery disk for your specific model which you see for sale for maybe $40, or you can take a walk on the wild side and look for Digital River mirror sites for Windows 7 .isos. They are out there and for the most part trustworthy but they are not official and Microsoft does not like us to post specific links for you. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply however disappointing it is !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.