Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Okay, so that didn't do anything. So if I do a full system reset, how do I prevent this from happening again when the laptop starts doing its updates? And, what do I lose when I do this?

Right now, it just goes to a pin login at startup. Frankly, since I am the only one using it (and it's at my house), can I just bypass ANY login steps and go directly to my active desktop when I either turn the computer on or awake it from sleep? (i.e. NO login at all)  If that's possible, please tell me how to do that instead of a reset... Thank you.

HP Recommended

@jmgreg

You could try these steps to login by passing the Login Screen

1. In Windows Press Win + R to open Run box, and enter "netplwiz". Click OK to open User Accounts dialog.

search netplwiz for opening user account settings

2. Uncheck "User must enter a user name and password to use the computer".

disable user and password for computer use

3. Click Apply and if there is pop-up dialog, please confirm the user account and enter its password. The specified user will be used to automatically sign in Windows 10.

specify automatic login user and password

Restart computer and it will bypass windows 10 login screen and automatically login with user account you entered

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Trusted Protection Module (TPM) is a required security hardware for Windows Hello to work. Somehow it was switched off in UEFI. My laptop had virtualisation switched off along with TPM. So I pressed F10 and went to UEFI, switched on TPM and virtualisation. Save and exit. Window key + r winplwiz and tick that user need a password to login. Went to setup Windows Hello again.

I still have no idea why TPM was switched off causing this hardware not being detected in Windows so that without detecting the required hardware, Windows Hello stopped working, but switching it on again in UEFI made it work again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.