Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-r206nv
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello.

The hard disk drive of my notebook failed so the computer was sent to the official service (firstly back to the store where I have bought it as it is still covered by warranty). Today it came back to me with a new hard disk drive but with no OS installed, so I tried to install it on my own as I am a computer engineer student.

I know that in preinstalled windows laptops like mine's the product key is saved into the bios so I did a clean install of Windows 8.1 64bit (not Professional because I know that you have to install the exact same version). But the problem is that now windows can't be activated. Activation over internet reports "Error Code: 0xC004C003. Error Description: The Activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked".

So I tried to do a phone activation but from microsoft support they answered that it is not a valid product key and that I should contact with the manufacturer! What's wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

v1184

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about activation problems and wanted to help.

Sorry, but this is just a self-help forum staffed buy volunteers and we can do nothing about the activation problem from here.

As I see it, you have two options (1) the store, and (2) HP Tech Support.

Regarding the store, they SHOULD have returned the laptop to you in fully working condition.  So, if it was MY PC, I'd go storming back to the store and DEMAND that they set it right.  You took or sent it back to them to be fixed, not to have them give you back a blank machine!

Regarding HP Tech Support, since this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

v1184

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about activation problems and wanted to help.

Sorry, but this is just a self-help forum staffed buy volunteers and we can do nothing about the activation problem from here.

As I see it, you have two options (1) the store, and (2) HP Tech Support.

Regarding the store, they SHOULD have returned the laptop to you in fully working condition.  So, if it was MY PC, I'd go storming back to the store and DEMAND that they set it right.  You took or sent it back to them to be fixed, not to have them give you back a blank machine!

Regarding HP Tech Support, since this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

WAWood thank you for your answer. I did what you proposed and went back to the store. I was naive to not check if windows was installed, but they aknowleged their mistake and installed windows properly. Everything's ok now. Topic solved. :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.