Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7t-6100 CTO Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I was having some issues with Windows and some corrupted files. I am doing a custom install to recover my some of my data. from Windows.old folder. After that I have decided to do a clean install, Do I need to delete all the partitions drives one at a time? Or Just delete the primary drive C? there is a RECOVERY drive and HP_TOOL drive also as partition named as Recovery.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

And thank you for getting back to me, yes I have tried to do a custom install, but I am getting an error message the it cannot be install. So I need to do a clean install. to be clear they are 3 partitions C Drive as Primary, RECOVERY Drive and HP_TOOLS drive. Do I need to delete all of them one by one and install the installation media, on the C Primary Drive?

Please confirm.

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Fancois 

If you are ready to fresh clean install it, then purge all partitions.

The HP Tools can be installed afterwards with HP Hardware UEFI diagnostics, for example

The recovery partition is not needed nowadays since you can reinstall Windows from a USB.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hello,

And thank you for getting back to me, yes I have tried to do a custom install, but I am getting an error message the it cannot be install. So I need to do a clean install. to be clear they are 3 partitions C Drive as Primary, RECOVERY Drive and HP_TOOLS drive. Do I need to delete all of them one by one and install the installation media, on the C Primary Drive?

Please confirm.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Please, check the attached PDF file below

You need to delete all existing partitions (like C, HP tools, recovery) and you will then see unallocated space.

Install on the unallocated space.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.