Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2019 HP 17.3" HD+ Touchscreen Laptop Computer, 8th Gen Intel Quad-Core i7-8565U up to 4.6GHz, 32G
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Horror story of HP (Hewlett-Packard) terrible support for their products and lack of respect for their customers.

On 5/4/2020 I purchased for $1270.94 a HP 2019 HP 17.3" HD+ Touchscreen Laptop Computer, 8th Gen Intel Quad-Core i7-8565U up to 4.6GHz, 32GB D... Serial number[Personal Information Removed].

In June 2020 (one month after receiving) the computer crashed. Worked with HP tech support. They identified that it was a hardware problem and needed to be sent to their repair shop. The computer was in the shop for 3 weeks. Received computer back in July 2020. In Sept 2021, the computer crashed again (same symptoms). Here is where the real issue with HP begins. When I contacted HP tech support, I was notified that the warranty had expired in July 2021. Okay, I signed up for their 14.95 per month support package. From Sept 14 through Sept 16 I spent over 8 hours on the phone with their technical support. At this point I needed to get a computer back up to handle issues with my finances and hobbies, so I purchased a new computer. On Sept 17 I called back in to tech support and was put in contact with Carlos. I again asked to have the issue escalated for resolution. Carlos was indignant and insisted that I power up the computer that was dead again. I explained that the machine was inoperable and needed to go in for repair. Carlos refused to escalate or arrange for repair.

Final straw, I finally was able to reach a manager (so they said) by the name of Carla employee number[Personal Information Removed]. After explaining the situation to her, her response was “if you are not willing to spend the time, there is nothing we can do”.

Good by HP

[Information Removed]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GKROEGER

Welcome to the HP support communtiy.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.