Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-eh1000 (2H5A7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I get a black screen sometimes a few seconds after starting up the laptop, everytime I plug in the charger and sometimes randomly. I have tried a few things suggested by the automated assistance like resetting the laptop and the BIOS but with no luck

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here are steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Update the graphics driver: Go to the HP Support website and download the latest graphics driver for your laptop model.

2. Run a system diagnostic: Run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool to check for any hardware issues.

3. Perform a hard reset: Disconnect the power cable and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds, then release. Reconnect the battery and power cable and turn on the laptop.

4. Run Windows updates: Go to Windows Settings and check for any pending updates. Install any available updates.

5. Check the battery and charger: Make sure the battery is properly installed and the charger is not damaged. If the battery is not holding a charge, replace it.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please contact HP Support for further assistance.

If the answer was helpful to you, please appreciate the effort and vote below by clicking on "Yes".
This will help me a lot and encourage me to give better answers.

My website
web counter
HP Recommended

Hi, I have already tried all these options except removing the battery as I don't know how to remove the back cover.

Do you know how to remove the back cover on this laptop: HP Pavilion 15,6" - 15-eh1000?

I get a black screen every time I plug in the charger and then I have to resatrt the computer to clear it. This is very disrupting. I can only use the laptop on battery and then charge it when it is powered down.

Do you have any other suggestions?

HP told me to send it to their repair centre in Hundary but I am going to lose the lpatop for 3 weeks with  no garantee that they will sort the problem, they will just check the hardware.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.