Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Been 5 or more hours now and appears to be no crash. There were a few updates that i missed on hp support assistant.Will keep you updated :). Hopefully this problem is fixed now.

Thanks in advance. 

HP Recommended

It crashed again :(. whilest on Youtube. Seems like its that ntoskrnl.exe. Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).png

Screenshot (8).pngScreenshot (7).png

HP Recommended

Hello,

Is there any other steps I can take to solve this error messages?

HP Recommended

@jonathan96

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I need you to know:

Ntoskrnl.exe is the kernel of the operating system. Without it, Windows just won’t work.

If this file is at fault, your computer is very likely to have frequent blue screen of deaths and have more problems other than BSOD, this error could also be caused due to a Ram/Memory failure.

Hence, I recommend you run an extensive system test on the computer after reseating the ram: Click here for instructions on the test.

If the test fails or the PC crashes during the test, it would confirm a hardware malfunction and I suggest you Contact HP,

However, if the tests pass, you may have to initiate a backup of your personal data and perform a system refresh followed by OS Reinstallation using the HP Recovery media.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).pngGood evening,

I ran the extensive test ( lasted 6hours) and seems everything is sound, next i tried to do a system restore and it gave me an error message saying : "System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and setting were not change.

Details:

An unspecified error occurred during system restore. (0x80070002)."

After that I did a complete reset and erased everything completely. Used for an hour or two on Youtube and it crashed again. Now i did uninstalled Mcafee anti-virus and currently using windows defender. I haven't updated a single driver yet after the fresh copy of windows. Maybe it's something to do with my graphics driver? Since it crashed watching a video on YouTube.

I also did a sfc/scannow and it gave me a message in cmd saying:"Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Ps. i Havent seated the Ram since I don't really want to open the laptop.

Let me know whats the next steps.

Thanks.

Edit: My warranty expires in 3days

HP Recommended

Hello,

Turns out it was my RAM all along. I contacted HP and they arranged courier and fixed my laptop. Very quick and friendly service. Marking  this as solved. Thanks

Regards,

Jonathan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.