09-01-2016 06:53 PM
I went away for a week and now the computer wont boot up it asks me for the administrator password or power on password... the password we had is not working
It keeps giving system disabled 88850039 not sure what type of hp it is all I know is it was bought in 2012
Someone please help
Solved! View Solution.
Re: bypass admin password or power on password
09-01-2016 06:56 PM
Enter this unlock passcode...
09-01-2016 07:21 PM
You're very welcome.
Sometimes it just happens.
Otherwise one of your kids set a password in the BIOS.
If you have to keep entering that code to get into the PC, grant them amnesty if anyone 'fesses up,' and gives you the password.
Otherwise, you can try these general instructions to clear the BIOS P/W...
Use your unlock passcode to enter the BIOS
Go to the security menu
Disable all passwords that are enabled
If asked for current password - type your unlock passcode.
For new password, just press ENTER key
Repeat the same for verify password column.
Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)