Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to free up disk space on my tx1119. After checking some general forums, some have said that the root directory SWSETUP is HP specific. If so, can I delete it safely? This would same me almost 3GB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

c:\swsetup has the installation files for most of the drivers on the laptop.

deleting the folder will not harm your computer.incase in the future if you dont have the access to the internet and you want to install the drivers then i bet you would miss this folder.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

c:\swsetup has the installation files for most of the drivers on the laptop.

deleting the folder will not harm your computer.incase in the future if you dont have the access to the internet and you want to install the drivers then i bet you would miss this folder.

HP Recommended

If you are running Vista, my target would be System Restore,which is a big hdd  hog.You can Disable it to clean up space , reboot, then turn it back .Or,run Disk Cleanup to delete all but most recent:

http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2008/06/25/delete-all-but-the-most-recent-restore-point-in-vista/

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/07/03/vista-reclaim-and-release-disk-space-from-system-restore-an...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I MOVED the entire folder to an attached drive.

Seems to have not caused any problems.

HP Recommended

I would really like to delete selected System Restore points rather than all up to the last.

Is that possible?

And, yes, I'm running Vista home premium.

HP Recommended

I really don't think you can delete individual restore points.The best option to me  is to delete all but the most recent restore point.

Many Vista power users even limit the space used by sys restore

Resize Amount of HDD Space

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

please HIT STAR to say thanks

HP Recommended
I've deleted everything from the folder except fo C:\swsetup\AppInstl since this folder contains the HP Software Setup tools which I prefer over Support Assistant.
HP Recommended

If restore points all depend on Previous restore points then how does it make sense to delete all but the most recent.

There is so much useless junk retained on my computer that it occupies more space than my files. Then something useful like HELP files are on the Internet.

HP Recommended

What is "HIT STAR" and where is it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.