Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360 Convertable

My notebook will not reboot.  I went through steps shown on line several times with no luck.  I found a HP certified repair location and took it there.  They originally thought it was the hard drive, but after installing a new one, they determined that the CPU clock speed is not recording properly among other things that mean nothing to me (windows reading processing incorrectly, external unit dropped speed ....I dont' know).    Bottom line, they could not figure it out.

The notebook was out of warranty in December and of course I do not have an extended warranty.  The HP certified repair center suggested to me that since the notebook is less than 2 years old that I contact HP to see if I could send it to them to look at; that they may be able to fix it or offer me a discount on a new one or even replace it since it has no damage and has shut down so soon.

BUT....you can't reach anyone at HP.  Not by phone, not online....I am so frustrated.  I need this notebook to work for several reasons.

Any ideas out there?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LKC66

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I will escalate your case to HP's Regional Escalation Team

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! I've been trying every way I can think of to get in touch with a live person... I will even buy an extended warranty to speak to someone, but I can't even figure out how to do THAT! Is there some way to speak to someone on the phone? (I posted a comment earlier today in a different thread)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.