Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15_ac116tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IMG-20200421-WA0000.jpeg

While trying to reset my pc using the recovery dvd which i have bought from hp , it fails and showing copy fails error. The error is displaying after inserting the second disk.

I bought the dvd in 2018 and facing the same error that time also but the service center did the factory reset with the same dvd.Now after ome and half years when my warranty has been expired, i am tring to reset my pc and getting the same error. I don't have the warranty and i habe paid for this dvd.

I am resetting this pc because of battery issue and bios update issue.

I am attaching the screenshot for better understanding.

Please ,help i don't have any option in this lockdown.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I wouldn't be able to help you with why the recovery media doesn't work, but you can clean install W10 using the Media creation tool to create a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/8819320

HP Recommended

I know the procedures listed by you but i want use the recovery dvd as i have paid for it.And also i want to know how the service center able to factory reset my notebook with the same dvd.

I can't take it to the service center as my warranty expired and the recovery drive has been bought in july 2018

HP Recommended

As I stated earlier...I can't help you with the recovery media problem.

I don't believe anyone else on this forum can either.

It would be an easy choice for me to make...either have a working notebook by clean installing W10, or have an expensive paperweight.

HP Recommended

I am not able to rollback my bios.

product name-hp 15ac116tx.

I have reinstalled windows 10 with iso and now I want to roll back my bios as the bios F.30 has been removed from the hp site ,now I need to go back to F.29 which is the latest bios according to hp site,

I have downloaded the F.30 from the hp site only and now they have removed this.

Will you please suggest any possible solution?

I have tried usb recovery for bios and it says bios signature not found.

HP Recommended

and does the problem rectifies if will try with an external DVD writer.

And the last words the hp service employees are not cooperative.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.