Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion notebook 15-ab158nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

hallo, i bought an laptop notebook 15-ab158nb with windows 10 installed

i like windows7 more ( i am used to it) and like to downgrade to windows 7

i search the support site of hp and  they have only drivers for windows 10

does anyone have tried this with succes

thank you

rudi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Before modifying or changing anything, please create your personal HP Recovery Media.

You will need a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit with a Microsoft COA and an unused/valid 25 digit Microsoft PID key. Windows 7 DVDs may not work correctly on UEFI based systems, therefore you may need to create a FAT32 UEFI USB Windows 7 installation stick for Windows 7 to install properly.

You will need to DISABLE "Secure Boot" and ENABLE "Legacy Support" in the "BIOS Secure Boot configuration" on the settings page similar to what is shown below, before you can attempt to install Windows 7;

Sec Boot Legacy Sup.jpg

After saving the changes, the computer may request that you confirm the changes... Accept the changes by typing the four digit code and pressing the "ENTER" key.

Confirm Change.jpg

After Windows 7 is installed you will need to install all the required drivers before it will be fully functional. Most of the Windows 7 drivers on the HP Pavilion Notebook - 15z-ab000 CTO - software and driver page should work on your computer. Please don't use any BIOS or Firmware from this page.

Please post (just the text) the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for all remaining missing and/or unknown devices, as shown in the example below and we can direct you to the proper drivers;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@rudike wrote:

hallo, i bought an laptop notebook 15-ab158nb with windows 10 installed

i like windows7 more ( i am used to it) and like to downgrade to windows 7

i search the support site of hp and  they have only drivers for windows 10

does anyone have tried this with succes

thank you

rudi

For that option you need to contact HP support email and ask them some can and some have no option to downgrade. If this is a newer laptop like yours then your options to downgrade most likely don't exists.

HP Recommended

thank you, i will contact them and hope for positiv result

kind regards

HP Recommended

i contacted hp help support and according to them all drivers are build in in windows 7 so it should work with this laptop

thank you

HP Recommended

@rudike wrote:

i contacted hp help support and according to them all drivers are build in in windows 7 so it should work with this laptop

thank you

Not sure where they told you that but searching the model page site of your model number only list Windows 10 drivers for it.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499302/model/1116...

HP Recommended

yes , i saw that too, and thats why i posted this question

but helpdesk told me all tbe drivers are included in windows 7

i am going to give it a try and if it is not working i’ll put windows 10 back on it

i will let you know the result

kind regards

rudi

HP Recommended

@rudike wrote:

yes , i saw that too, and thats why i posted this question

but helpdesk told me all tbe drivers are included in windows 7

i am going to give it a try and if it is not working i’ll put windows 10 back on it

i will let you know the result

kind regards

rudi

That is strange why they would even say that when their own HP driver site would only have Windows 10 drivers for it. I would ask them to look at it based on your Model number and confirm that.

HP Recommended

Before modifying or changing anything, please create your personal HP Recovery Media.

You will need a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit with a Microsoft COA and an unused/valid 25 digit Microsoft PID key. Windows 7 DVDs may not work correctly on UEFI based systems, therefore you may need to create a FAT32 UEFI USB Windows 7 installation stick for Windows 7 to install properly.

You will need to DISABLE "Secure Boot" and ENABLE "Legacy Support" in the "BIOS Secure Boot configuration" on the settings page similar to what is shown below, before you can attempt to install Windows 7;

Sec Boot Legacy Sup.jpg

After saving the changes, the computer may request that you confirm the changes... Accept the changes by typing the four digit code and pressing the "ENTER" key.

Confirm Change.jpg

After Windows 7 is installed you will need to install all the required drivers before it will be fully functional. Most of the Windows 7 drivers on the HP Pavilion Notebook - 15z-ab000 CTO - software and driver page should work on your computer. Please don't use any BIOS or Firmware from this page.

Please post (just the text) the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for all remaining missing and/or unknown devices, as shown in the example below and we can direct you to the proper drivers;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

hello,

thanks for the extended explenations

the recovery dvd’s are made

since this is my first uefi computer i had some dificulties with installing another os

but i come to the point of disabeling uefi

i have an dvd with windows 7   

i’ll give it a try with the dvd and if this dont work i will prepare a stick with windows 7

i need to do resaerch about making an uefi stick  hihi

will keep you informed about the progress later this week

kindly regards

rudi

HP Recommended

hello provost,

windows 7 is installed, now i need to load the drivers and install them

going to try the page you advised (about 10 drivers missing)

keep you informed about the progres,  it may take a few days

but will post the result

thanks again

rudi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.