Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion g6 2255ev
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,
i recently bought an ssd drive.
so, i want to put windows from the start and i need all the CORRECT drivers for my laptop.
i don't want to put wrong drivers and need to unistall them later.
So i need the drivers for my laptop, windows 10 64bit.
could you tell me the exact drivers i have to put in?
the basic only... to work properly!
thank you for your time.
also, i would like to know the thickness of my dvd drive, so i can buy a dvd caddy to put my hdd.
thank you again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP only supplies Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 drivers for your model. However, I have an older Pavilion G6 that came with Windows 7 installed, and I successfully did a clean install of Windows 10 on it. Since your computer was made for Windows 8, I would assume the upgrade process would be smoother for you.

A bit of advice: I recommend that you have a wired Internet connection available for your computer throughout the installation process, so that Windows can download the necessary drivers for your computer. I tried it without a network cable attached, and I ended up with no Internet capability after the installation. I had to do another clean install with a network cable attached, and that time the installer found all of the correct drivers: Wi-Fi button, display adapter, touchpad, webcam, card reader, everything. I didn't have to install anything manually.

I can't advise you on the HDD caddy for your DVD burner, but I have seen posts about that in these discussion boards. What I did was replace my original HDD with an SSD.

You can look at my profile and read my other posts for issues I encountered with my BIOS. I hope that since your machine is newer you won't face that problem.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP only supplies Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 drivers for your model. However, I have an older Pavilion G6 that came with Windows 7 installed, and I successfully did a clean install of Windows 10 on it. Since your computer was made for Windows 8, I would assume the upgrade process would be smoother for you.

A bit of advice: I recommend that you have a wired Internet connection available for your computer throughout the installation process, so that Windows can download the necessary drivers for your computer. I tried it without a network cable attached, and I ended up with no Internet capability after the installation. I had to do another clean install with a network cable attached, and that time the installer found all of the correct drivers: Wi-Fi button, display adapter, touchpad, webcam, card reader, everything. I didn't have to install anything manually.

I can't advise you on the HDD caddy for your DVD burner, but I have seen posts about that in these discussion boards. What I did was replace my original HDD with an SSD.

You can look at my profile and read my other posts for issues I encountered with my BIOS. I hope that since your machine is newer you won't face that problem.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.