Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How do you factory reset a Hp windows 7 pavilion dv7-1245dx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PragmaticBody If the recovery manager no longer works or is unavailable you'll need a recovery media:

If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
  1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the  power cord.
  3. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.
    Figure: Recovery Manager
  4. Under I need help immediately, click System Recovery.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hello, once the factory reset is done will iy have Windows 10? The Laptop originally came with Windows 7.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Factory reset does what the name implies- sets the laptop back to factory shipped state. Howver if you took the upgrade to Windows 10 it sometimes breaks Recovery Manager function-not always. All you can do is try it.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have the same question here, If the recovery manager is broken (which in my case, it is), what's the next step to take?

HP Recommended

@PragmaticBody If the recovery manager no longer works or is unavailable you'll need a recovery media:

If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Understood. Thank you! 😁

HP Recommended

You are welcome @PragmaticBody

Try those steps and let us know. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
What if the factory reset manager doesn't appear?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.