Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2DV78UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I try resetting my laptop to factory reset and by accident while moving the laptop, I pressed one of the buttons on the keyboard.  The process stopped at 23% and it didn't move from there. About an hour passed and didn't go passed that 23%, so I decided to turn it off and turn it back on. I try pressing the F11 while booting and I got a black screen and at the bottom left corner it read "F11...System Recovery". After that it didn't do nothing else.

Can some one help me?

Thanks in advance

nice-dgb1

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Use another PC with W7 64 bit or newer on it and create a bootable USB recovery drive with the HP cloud recovery tool.

The recovery drive will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Good morning Paul,

Thanks for your response! I tried that and it didn't work. It starts up, I followed the instructions but, when it comes to the step asking "where you want to install windows", it shows only one line "Drive 0" but it shows 0 for total size and 0 for free space. I pressed "refresh" nothing happens, all the other options are greyed out with the exception of "new".  I can't go pass that.

HP Recommended

Good morning, and you're very welcome.

That doesn't sound good to me.

The drive has no space and no free space, so it could be dead and needs to be replaced.

Make a bootable W10 installation flash drive using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Try cleaning the disk during the installation process...watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Z38pD1Gt0&feature=emb_logo

If that doesn't work to get some usable drive space to show up, run the hard drive diagnostics test in the BIOS (F2) and see what it reports.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.