Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: G62 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i need all the help i can get !

After instalting the latest vertion HO2  some updates was in error and system was trying again and again to instal ,and ssyetm was screaming and freezing lost real time and many othere issue . i ask Microsoft to help and a special assistant made a recovery without lose programs or files with installation media ,system after that its updating well the real tiem hasnt fixed  and stil lwas slow and hanging when browsing including that using mouse was liek i was trying to cklik in a glass inviroment , Soi decided to log to bois  and set the date from there . which its fixed . inside bios setying s i notice that i had  legacy  and not EUFI and nowhere to change the option also operation system was  set to win 7 and not win 10 .  after some search i ask microsoft again  and they try to improve my browsing and hanging issue  and the=y found that FIRMWARE was not present in device manager so  they told me tha tmy bios need to be upgraded and first to comunicate wit hp assistant . Havnt found any way to have a live assistant or somewhere to send message except here  Virtual agant need update keep sending me in a page tah twas broken and page not found..  Does anyone know s how to fix that bios problem  i am not familiar with all technical performance  so its really hard for me to understand waht to do. Aslo we are still in lock down and cant find any tech service open to help me . Please someone assist me how to fix that 

Thank you !

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@nikan 

Some newer PCs allow Microsoft to update and mange UEFI settings in Windows, and if yours is one of those, then that can be done.  So, when MS is saying firmware is not available in Device Manager (which is a Windows utility, not a BIOS utility) all they are telling you is that your PC does not have that feature.  And, there's no BIOS update you can do to bring that about.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Sorry nt heled 

my laptop its an old one but had EUFI firmware since January updates of windowsHO2 then was in full error with new updates I TRY ALL SOLUTIONS then ask Microsoft  help they send me instalation media after chek my laptop i did that and after that had more problems , power settings , real time still didnt fixed , browsing was nightmare an still are , i surf ina glass and only one site canbe open if i want to have a proper browsing  and ist screaming when ever i am opening browser .  i did some research on net again  and didnt find whats going on i use troubleshooters to fix power settings and then i log to bios to fix real time and i was succesful but i notice that bios was legacy foe win7 and no EUFI or boot settings to change it . So i assume that was my problem i took again Microsoft help they chek laptop again and  they did sometests and changes and when they saw firmware missing from device manager  told me that i have to comunicate to manufacture to update biso and set firmware . HP assistans solution  make me crazy i remove all componets i had instal trying to find the solution ... make laptop in more difficult situation and thsi assistand from HP  ist really really bad if i was IT i dont need their help  assistand ist not assistand for real . no help more confused and try hard to find the comunity to ask for help beleiving i find HP assistant . Anyway lockdown ends here and i wil lfind a tech service to fix it or though from window  toe nd my 3 months trouble . Thansk for your help  anyway ,

HP Recommended

@nikan 

OK, thanks for the details.

Unfortunately, we see this all the time -- whenever Microsoft support is unable to fix a Windows-related problem in an OEM laptop, then send the laptop owner to the manufacturer.

As I mentioned, Device Manager is a Microsoft tool, and HP does not use that.  HP provides BIOS updates through Support Assistant.  So, looking in Device Manager for HP BIOS updates is going to fail -- because HP does not put them there.

So, what I am trying to tell you is that this so-called error of "firmware not present ..." is not an error at all, and you can simply ignore it.

HP Recommended

if ist not an  error  how ican update bios legacy  win7  (my bios settings at this moment)  is the righ one settings for win10 HO2  (OS Build 19402.906) system is laging its slow and screaming i an browse more than one site  BIos no need upgrade ? idont have knowlege myself i say wha tthe ysay to me 😞  i cant understand the assistnad downloads in your suppport and my system coodnt hadle was freezing 

those downloaded programs to stay in my laptop i removed them 

Anyway thansk for reply i will find a service and if its not worth i will smash it :lol 3 months trying to undrerstand how happens was so great before quick smooth  and silence now wha tever i open screaming cant stand it any more:( 

HP Recommended

@nikan 

As far as I know, you can't.  HP has not produced BIOS updates for Win7 PCs for years, so there is unlikely to be anything you can use now.

HP Recommended

So the laptop irs about to die 😞  cant stay with bios legacy win7 and my operation system to be win10  als tupdate 😞 

Thansk for tellig me not to weist mone yand time on this laptop which is ready to die .

HP Recommended

@nikan 

Your PC is a 10-year-old model and the last BIOS update was in 2011 and that was for Windows 7.  There is nothing newer.  So holding out for a newer BIOS update is wasting your time.

No one here is claiming that your PC is about to die!  

I've tried to tell you again and again that Microsoft is providing you false information -- but if you want to continue to believe them, then  have THEM fix this -- because there is nothing more we can do. And, there is nothing we NEED to do, as this is no really an issue.

HP Recommended

i think now i understand  you well Sorry for missundrstanding and thank you !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.