Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

please .@Ub6424 or commuity, are there any other solutions left to try or might I need to return the laptop to the seller?

tank you 

HP Recommended

Hello @ouzaloid 

There is only one solution to your problem.

Our options are exhausted. Return the notebook.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

hello .@ub6424 , Okay, thank you for your assistance on this one, really appreciated.

HP Recommended

- please  commuity, are there any other solutions left to try or might I need to return the laptop to the seller?

En plus, tu peux réinstaller Windows 10 ou passez au nouveau système d'exploitation Windows 11.

HP Recommended

thank you .@tsortzisg ,

for windows 11: I have message in my windows updates saying that this pc doesn't meet minimum system requirement for W11.

for reinstalling W10 I hesitate as I don't know if I'm going to keep or lose the office pro 2013 license as mentioned in my first post?

HP Recommended

Évidemment mon ami you will lose the office installation but with the office product key you can reinstall it.... You can use free program Product key viewer on your current working installation to find out the product key (if you lost the original DVD box). Download Office 2013 Backup Images from Microsoft (officeredir.microsoft.com) 

As for the windows 11 warnings by M$, actually you can clean install Windows 11 on any system you like. You can check out a post where Paul_Tikkanen EXPERT Level 21 talks about it (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Swap-CPU-to-enable-upgrade-tp-Windows-11/m-p/838732...)  . I have 10 systems running fine with windows 11 (completely unsupported), and Paul probably has upgraded 100 such machines. You just can't do it through UPDATE.....

À bientôt

HP Recommended

thanks .@TzortzisG as you suggested I used that method of .@Paul_Tikkanen and Tried to update to Win 11 on my Win 10 laptop, but I keep getting the error code 0x800F0830 -0x20003 saying “that installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error INSTALL_UPDATES operation.

I've even tried to do a clean install of W11 using that method risking to lose data and applications but I receive also that same error 0x800F0830 -0x20003

HP Recommended

OK ouzaloid, this error is coming cause you're trying to install win11 while connected to the internet. Try again with lan cable unplugged and/or wifi router closed. Win11 is failing because it can't install updates during installation...as it sees fit.

If you are getting the error 0x800F0830 – 0x2003 – The Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with... 

Post back if you have more issues.

HP Recommended

By the way, I'm a fan of the Rufus method myself. However Paul_Tikkanen really knows his stuff, and this method is definitely easier on newbies. However, bear in mind that you HAVE to do the clean install my friend.

It clearly says on dongknows that "pick the upgrade option to proceed. The Clean install is a good choice for a computer that currently has software issues" . This part here is specifically talking about you. By doing an upgrade you'll probably end up with a system inheriting the same problems. This is why I said you should reinstall Windows...... Try the middle-ground solution of upgrade 10->11 but you might have to do a clean install if you still get the errors.

Direct ISO links to microsoft of Win11-21h2 english/french/german:

Windows 11 Version 21H2 

HP Recommended

.@TzortzisG thanks and sorry for the delay, I had the notebook returned to seller for warranty and only received it 3 days ago.

the seller returned the device without changing any hardware, mentioning that it's a problem with malicious program so they did a clean install and returned it to me.

I was surprised with this feedback as I had done myself a system reset before sending it back, anyway I hoped they were right but of course not, the device crashed on that BSOD again.

I retried to install windows 11 with Wifi turned off as you suggested and it worked.

however I noticed that Win11 made things worst, the frequency of BSODs became almost every hour or less, while it was up to 24/36 hours on Win10.

based on that new frequency of BSODs, I thought it's now much easier to test hardware as I don't have to wait days to see results, so I started by removing one RAM of the 2, the problem remained, I removed the second RAM and now it has been more than 30 hours without problem, so I think this fixed the problem,

unfortunately I had wasted so much time running many memory testing tools from reputable brands: Windows, HP,  memtest86,etc... and the RAM passed all of them.

thanks all for your assistance and I hope this thread will help others having the same issue.

my advice would be to start by removing the RAM and testing with another one before doing any of the other software checks/commands/programs/drivers/etc... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.