Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3087tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Seeking help to reinstall HP JumpStart - Without doing a system recovery.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PC-2020

As you have changed the operating system the recovery manager is deleted from your computer. As informed earlier there is no option to install the software manually.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PC-2020

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to install JumpStart app on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The JumpStart app comes preinstalled on the computer and there is no option to manually download and install the app.

However, I recommend check in the recovery manager and see if the JumpStart app is available. Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04762483

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you The_Fossette for your reply.

I don't have HP Recovery Manager in my start menu. Probably did at some stage.

There reason why I don't want to reset my computer to factory settings is this resulted in me 'losing' my product activation of Windows 10 Pro and spending a lot of time with Microsoft Support to (re)install and licence my copy again as was originally purchased from a retailer.

This started when I tried to install an evaluation copy of Windows Server 2019 and for which none of my Windows profile was kept (everything gone). Very reluctant to go through the same process of reinstalling Windows 10 Pro with Microsoft.

Read a post that battery life is made acceptable if rebooting while HP JumpStart is installed and honestly I find that it would have to be because it's terrible at the moment and is the key reason I want JumpStart back. Is this true?

Also I have found it impossible to get phone support for my HP product as the warranty page doesn't reveal the phone number - in business hours. Have taken screenshots of that page just refreshing and never loading (not due to the speed, or lack of it of my internet connection).

I am not a novice computer user and am capable of following any instructions you were to continue to give to me?

This is background to my efforts of getting this sorted. i appreciate your help.

PC-2020 - (Jason).

HP Recommended

@PC-2020

As you have changed the operating system the recovery manager is deleted from your computer. As informed earlier there is no option to install the software manually.

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok The_Fossette I would mark Accept as solution and acknowledge your efforts to help but you haven't answered my question about whether not having HP JumpStart reduces the laptop battery performance now?

HP Recommended

@PC-2020

No, it will not impact battery performance.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.