Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 15-j059nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp laptop with 750GB HDD and 24GB SSD
I faced with Blue Screen and there was no way to recover my win 10 so I checked bios and there was RAID0 between 750GB with 24GB
Only after deleting RAID and enabling legacy support I could be able to attach a USB flash and  reinstall new win 10 by a bootable USB flash and install win 10 .

Now I have 750 GB in C: and 24 GB in 😧
start up boot and windows is very slow vs before !!
how could I return to old configuration to have more speed in windows and fast boot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What did I say? 

It is not actually a true RAID-0 which would be only twice the capacity of the smaller drive. It is a special type of RAID.  The storage controller does need to be in RAID mode. 

You absolutely CANNOT do this through the Intel RAID manager in the BIOS. Has to be done through Intel Rapid Storage.

You are proving my point. Set the SATA mode to RAID in the BIOS but do not create an array. You may need an F6 RAID driver during Windows installation but install Windows 10 to the hard drive. Install Intel Rapid Storage desktop app. Then use it to make the 24 gig mSSD "accelerate" the hard drive. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to turn RAID0 back. Hope the following steps help:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000006437.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

You do this through the Intel Rapid Storage desktop app. You will need to generally follow these steps.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005501.html

The above refers to Windows 7 and 8 but it works in Windows 10 too. 

You also have to remove partitions from the 24 gig mSATA drive...leave it blank and the Intel Rapid Storage will partition and format an acceleration cache partition, which is a special kind of RAID array. It is not actually a true RAID-0 which would be only twice the capacity of the smaller drive. It is a special type of RAID.  The storage controller does need to be in RAID mode. 

You absolutely CANNOT do this through the Intel RAID manager in the BIOS. Has to be done through Intel Rapid Storage.

Post back if you need any more help. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

hi

First of all  I opened back cover of laptop and I saw there was a seperate 24GB  SDD

no change by disconnecting SSD

so :

I'm realy confused:

in bios there is UEFI device configuration--->intel rapid storage Technology--->creat RAID volume-->

RAID level  choosing RAID0

selecting  two disks

strip size:16KB

capacity : 0-45GB ????

after creating volume there is only 45GB left of my HDDs and the rest is gone

Untitled.jpg

20170303_040319.jpg

Untitlded.jpg

Is there any document that shows  step by step  installation of new win 10 in a HP laptop with SSD cash?

in your link :

Configure SATA mode in BIOS setup

1. When starting the computer, press the F2 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  2. Go to Configuration SATA Drives.
  3. Select the setting for Chipset SATA Mode and change the value to RAID.
  4. Press the F10 key to save settings and restart the system.

as you can see from pictures when i choose RAID 0 there will be only 45GB space and the rest of my HDD is missing even after installation of windows there was no unallocated space!

best regards

HP Recommended

What did I say? 

It is not actually a true RAID-0 which would be only twice the capacity of the smaller drive. It is a special type of RAID.  The storage controller does need to be in RAID mode. 

You are proving my point. Set the SATA mode to RAID in the BIOS but do not create an array. You may need an F6 RAID driver during Windows installation but install Windows 10 to the hard drive. Install Intel Rapid Storage desktop app. Then use it to make the 24 gig mSSD "accelerate" the hard drive. 

HP Recommended
After all of this, still not functioning and no access through Intel Rapid Storage to "accelerate" anything.
I did find in help section of IRS to disable Windows read/write cache to enable Intel to access. Now things are running much smoother...
HP Recommended

Did you format SSD ?

It might works too

HP Recommended

"You absolutely CANNOT do this through the Intel RAID manager in the BIOS. Has to be done through Intel Rapid Storage."

Huffer, Could you please give me more instruction if I cannot do RAID in the BIOS?

How to do this through Intel Rapid Storage?

Notebook: HP Envy 17t-j100

Intel Chipset: HM87

Two SSDs (500 GB).

HP Recommended

Can you open the Intel Rapid Storage app? Please start your own thread on this and we can walk you through. 

HP Recommended

Huffer, I downloaded the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver" from HP website referring to my notebook, and installed it.

Also, I downloaded SetupRST.exe from Intel website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29094/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf...

and installed it (it is installed in C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology).

Thanks for your help, and hope to get your instruction.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.