Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac173tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I facing problem for recovey of Wnidos product key....

My Laptop hard disc crashed and i don't have recovery disc of it also.

So i need to reinstall OS on new hard disc, but for that purpose i required product key for my laptop factory installed OS.

Please guide me to get that windows product key.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You do not need product key to install Windows 10. You can download from Microsoft and install. If prompted for product key, click on do not have one and continue installation. Windows 10 will automatically activate once installed and connected to internet as long as you install the same version (home or pro) which was already installed once on the PC. The Microsoft servers will identify your PC and activate.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since your notebook came with W10, you can make your own plain W10 installation media by using the Media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The software will work with the product key in your notebook's BIOS.  You don't need to know what the key code is.

Then go to your notebook's support page to install the drivers and available software you need...

HP Recommended

Hi,

You do not need product key to install Windows 10. You can download from Microsoft and install. If prompted for product key, click on do not have one and continue installation. Windows 10 will automatically activate once installed and connected to internet as long as you install the same version (home or pro) which was already installed once on the PC. The Microsoft servers will identify your PC and activate.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your support.......

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.