Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I need help in locating the windows 10 product key for my Hp laptop I have lost the box and the disc since I have recently moved and cannot locate them I've looked under the battery pack and did not see the key code there. My son decided to factory reset my laptop.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Got it, thanks so much, it worked, I used the second tool!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

The key is in the BIOS of your machine, please use the following tool to get it:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

When run this tool, it produces a report, scroll down to Software Management section. Windows 8, 8.1 or 10  product key is in there.

You can also use the following tool to find out:

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
it didn't work, won't let me go as far as it saying enter your product key code, which I don't have it say it's on power cord or behind battery pack but it's not. Seriously need help
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you run one of the above TOOLS ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
yes
HP Recommended

Hi,

If yes, have you READ those reports ? One section from the first tool should show:

w10.png

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
I will try again didn't see report even close to this
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the second tool

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Got it, thanks so much, it worked, I used the second tool!
HP Recommended

hello,

the thing didnt work please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.