Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6470b 2.60GHZ 4GB Intel i5-3320M

i have a handle on getting this pc HP ProBook 6470b 2.60GHZ 4GB Intel i5-3320M but it has a bios lock. so is this an easy fix or something i may regret getting. i have 2 of these now and like them this one would be a spare in case mine fail. outside of it just being spares for the case or dvd or other parts except for the motherboard as that would bee bios locked unless i can find a way to get it unlocked. they do not know what is locked but for it comes on to the bios screen is what they told me. i did some searching and i did not find anything for the 6470b model, i figure they all have their own way of fixing the bios lock. thanks bp

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@corvairbob 

No, it is not an easy fix.  The BIOS password is encoded into the firmware of the BIOS chip on the system board, and since that is soldered to the board, it is not replaceable.  HP's policy, since they can't replace the chip, is to replace the entire board -- and that is very expensive.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.