Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dh1xxx

Hi ,

i have windows 11 home Dev  version and i want to revert to windows 10 my laptop already had, but when i try to do that i get a message " no files found to to do reversion". now how to have these files back and if i try to install a new Windows 10 then how can i use the license key already installed in my pc. when i check the license for my current windows i see that there is no key available instead it says that "windows is activated with digital license/ so how can i take that license key which was there with windows 10 it had . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Back up any personal files you need to save onto a portable hard drive.

Have any program installation files that you need that did not come with your PC available to reinstall.

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

The W10 License/product key are in the BIOS.

There is no need to know or enter the product key.

You can install the free utility from the Windows store that will show you the W10 OEM product key and the version of W10 the key is good for.  This is completely optional.

Get ShowKeyPlus - Microsoft Store

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Back up any personal files you need to save onto a portable hard drive.

Have any program installation files that you need that did not come with your PC available to reinstall.

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

The W10 License/product key are in the BIOS.

There is no need to know or enter the product key.

You can install the free utility from the Windows store that will show you the W10 OEM product key and the version of W10 the key is good for.  This is completely optional.

Get ShowKeyPlus - Microsoft Store

HP Recommended

@Afridi77 

You should have read the MS announcement before you did the Win11 upgrade.  They very clearly stated that going back to Win10 after that upgrade would require a Clean Install -- meaning, you would lose everything in the process.

You were provided info by @Paul_Tikkanen on how you can now make media to do that Clean Install.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you . help is appreciated 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.