Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Read my last post and install the latest Bios update from HP.

Had the same problem and it has been fully fixed.

Regards
HP Recommended
You know what's really interesting. I have Ones plus One phone and the touch screen has a lot of problems after the latest android update. What's interesting here is that the touch screen is also made by Synaptic. And the phone company is acting the same way as HP. They do so anything unless you call 100 times and even send video evidence of the problem.
I think we've been a little harsh on HP here (not really lol) because as a representative one told me, this is not their fault. They just buy the component from Synaptic.
Of course the way they handle it wasn't good. They have pretty much been ignoring this unless you call 100 and spend hours thru customer service.

So the conclusion is Synaptic sucks! And HP and all those other companies need to step their game up and respond to their users Fast and give a good customer service. After all were paying hundreds of dollars for these devices.
HP Recommended

Hi Carlos,

sorry man; I have to disagree with you on this one. It is HP's name on the product.

It is their choice to put Syaptic products in their laptop.

HP's quality control should find these problems before they go out the door. My trackpad

didn't just start acting up after days or weeks. It was messed up from the second I first

used it. Then it took a rediculous amount of hassle to get them to do anything about it.

As much as I had respect for HP previously,  they almost made it onto my "never buy for

the rest of my life list". As it is, I have not forgiven them completely for this horrible

service in the midst of what is a lemon problem that they had dealth with very poorly

until the massive complaints and bad reviews made them have to address it.

Jeff

HP Recommended

dasjessy,

Isn't that BIOS update for AMD processors only?  Also, it was released in February of 2015, many people have continued to have the same problem since that time.

Do you know of a BIOS update for Intel users?

-------------------------------------------------

Update on my personal Trackpad dilemma

-Called HP, they recommended PC to be sent for repair

-I had them send me a mouse instead since I believe it's a software issue

I use my PC for business.  The one I have now, with the trackpad issue IS A REPLACEMENT from another HP laptop I bought around January (that I returned for OTHER issues).  I don't AGAIN have time to send my PC in for repair/replacement.  The new mouse works great, but it doesn't fix the problem. 

That being said, I appreciate that they were willing to do something to get me functional again since my temporary fix for the touchpad no longer works since the last Windows updates.

I still hope that maybe they'll release a new driver update for this issue at some point so I can get back to using the touchpad.

HP Recommended

HP IS SELLING DEFECTIVE LAPTOPS ON GROUPON!!! I bought one of these so called REFURBISHED units. What a joke HP, shame on you and it's no wonder people don't want to buy your crap anymore.

HP Recommended

Window 8.1 on an HP 15 Laptop. After BIOS update and software updates from HP website the glitchy feel to the trackpad seens to have gone.

HP Recommended

Hello!

Is your touchpad still working?

If so, how exactly did you uninstall the HP Control Zone driver? And how did you install the new driver that lets this touchpad function normally like you described?

Thank you so much! 🙂

[in response to Marcelo-br who posted:

I have an Envy i7-4712HQ, bought 1 week ago, with the same issue, erratic touchpad.

Well, I was intending to replace my laptop, but decided to uninstall the HP Control something (HP customized synaptics driver), just to check if it is a hardware or software issue.

My current driver for touchpad is PS2 compatible mouse (windows default driver).

Until now, no more touchpad issues, although I lost the advanced functions, like pinch and rotate.

If you don't care about those functions, just a working touchpad, this may fix your issue.

PS: (This is my first and last HP laptop. Unfortunately in Canada I was not able to find good Samsung laptops. I used to have one in Brazil and also a Dell at work, both fantastic brands with very smooth touchpads.)]

HP Recommended

I too have had an EXTREMELY frustrating eperience with the touchpad on my HP Envy laptop (15t). It randomly and frequently just stops working completely for about 3-5 seconds and other issues. I've called HP support (the irony is that I am support technician myself) and the troubleshooting steps didn't help at all. It's clearly a problem with all of the newer laptops it seems.

I've been a long-time HP customer, and the quality of the trackpads has gone DOWN HILL over the past 2-3 years. On top of that, HP keeps making the trackpads wider, making it more difficult to right click or left click easily (because of the amount of space your fingers have to travel), and this causes numerous mis-clicks for me. I often have to try to right-click 4-6 times before it finally registers.

I've had to resort to using a mouse with these newer models because the trackpad is pure frustration. I recently bought my wife a newer version of my 2014 model purchased last year, and she told me that she HATES the trackpad for all of the same reasons as everyone else.

This is her third "high-end" HP laptop and she NEVER had a problem with the trackpads with previous models. The newer models have been just plain awful, overall.

HP needs to listen to all of us. These aren't just isolated incidents!

HP Recommended

I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO THE TOUCHPAD ISSUE!!!

i know alot of you have been trying to find a fix for this and i can assure you since february, i have been following this thread and others just like it and i have finally found the fix!!! i have been going issue free for 1 full week. not even a single hickup and i hope that you all follow my advice and find that your issues can be resolved as well.

believe it or not, the issue isnt with the software or with synaptics or with the touchpad hardware itself.  The issue is actually with the way the laptop is assembled. i assume that when the laptop is built in the factory, the robots overtighten the trackpad onto the bracket and base of the laptop. all i had to do, and LITERALLY all i had to do, was loosen those screws!!! my trackpad was screwed in so tightly, in fact, that i had a little hump on the trackpad (on the bottom edge directly in the middle) where the screw and bracket meet on the underside. it made my trackpad have a little hump on it and when i took everything apart, i actually flattened it out. anyways, it takes a bit of time to disassemble everything. the trackpad is so far into the laptop and the instructions i found on this site says that you have to take out the systems board and everything around it. i just followed the guide and when i got to the trackpad, undid the 6(?) screws and then put them back in, but i didnt tighten them down hard at all. since then, i have not had a single issue!!! my trackpad works like it should and im 10000X more happy with it.

PLEASE MARK THIS AS A SOLUTION!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS. try it!!! it really does work. i have been at this since february. NOTHING works. sending it in for service isnt the answer. and HP is obviously too much of an idiot to figure it out. and if they did, then they dont want to share this very simple fix. no software will help it. and updating the bios does NOTHING to fix it. THE ISSUE IS WITH HOW THE TRACKPAD WAS INSTALLED!!!

so untighten the screws that hold the trackpad in place and save yourself the headache. !!! 😄

for reference, my laptop is the HP envy m6 n113dx

HP Recommended
Well done. Problem finally fixed. That has really been a way too weird problem. Hope everyone will definitely fix their touchpad issues
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.