Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I was unable to remove control zone software. Couldn't locate it. But I did install that driver. Nothing changed. If you could tell where to remove the control zone, I'd give it a try
HP Recommended
Can you give instructions for razahasa to try out the driver you post.

Is control zone just something in the crontrol panel to uninstall, or do u uninstall all drivers in device manager?
HP Recommended

I just got mine back from hp repair today and STILL the same problem back to using a wireless mouse. This is extremely inconvenient.

HP Recommended

@Ikenna1 wrote:

I just got mine back from hp repair today and STILL the same problem back to using a wireless mouse. This is extremely inconvenient.

Please contact them and tell them the problem is still occuring, and that the entire repair accomplished nothing, and wasted both your and HP's Time. 

That you and many of us are looking for a real solution.

Forward them to this thread as well, if you do decide to tell them that their repair failed.

HP Recommended
Returned my second laptop. Got a refund. Never going back to buy any HP notebook. Ordering the Asus G550
HP Recommended

I called hp support and all they said they could do is to send me another  box to send it to repair. I don't have the luxury of time.

HP Recommended
All, I contacted HP here: https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/company-information/executive-team/ceo-index.html

This is supposed to go to HP upper management. I suggest as many of us as possible let them know how poor their customer service has been and refer them to this thread. I am optimistic that our complaints will be heard eventually especially if we all express our discontent as direct as possible to them.

.. The did after all sell us $600 practically unusable broken laptops
HP Recommended

Thank you for the link.  I have submitted my comments/complaints.  My trackpad is getting worse every day.  I am so frustrated.  Even when I attach a mouse, it still tends to jump all over the screen.  Not as bad, but it is happening.  I still ask the question, "why do I have to attach a mouse to my new laptop in order for it to work?"

HP Recommended

Well, I just sent a complaint to Whitman and her colleagues.

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem since I purchased mine in early July, 2014. I regrettably didn't return it when the problem began, nearly right after purchasing it on the same day, because I need a laptop for work daily and could not be without one if it were to be sent in for repairs. 

I was very excited when purchasing this HP laptop but it's become one of my biggest financial regrets. I previously owned two Sony Vaois and they worked flawlessly for 4+ years each; one was stolen and other was mutilated by a puppy. I know it sounds bitter but lesson learned, I'm not buying HP again. No amount of troubleshooting or resets worked. 

Even blowing on the Control Zone sends the cursor flying...like, come on, this should've been noticed in testing. Y'all jacked this one up.  Recall it or offer a real solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.