Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am stuck at the start-up screen with HP logo and spinning dots. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try also Esc - mine show(ed) boot option on Esc pressed (on which there is also BIOS setup option to select)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

What happened last time when it worked - what did you changed recently or maybe there were some "signs" that something is not working? It is after a new win10 install or it's after it was already installed and working?
What is the exact model of your laptop?

HP Recommended

hi,

It was perfectly working yesterday. Laptop was on battery. It automatically went to hybernate mode as batter got discharged. 

since Today morning it got stuck to spinning dots with hp logo. My model number is N8L68PA.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. i i ha already seen this thread. Not able to go to BIOS also. Nothing happening even when i press f11,f10,f2 keys.

HP Recommended

Try also Esc - mine show(ed) boot option on Esc pressed (on which there is also BIOS setup option to select)

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks. Esc worked. I tried to repair. But same issue prevails. I also tried to open in safe mode but no loading in safe mode also. Seems OS crashed.

Please do let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks a lot friend.

HP Recommended

Hi,
If I could not get to safe mode or to recovery mode I would make a back-up for my data (on other hdd/usb) if I were you and after that I will try to re-install win.
For backup esc and then on boot option I will choose the bootable media - I would use any linux usb/cd bootable and if that linux will see the hdd then it will be easy to make backup. After that install windows again (I will install it two times - first time without touching partitions and reinstall it on the same partition as it was before - and only after I will see it's working a fresh install with old win partition format before install)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.