Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-p067
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp pavillion laptop 15-p067ca model, purchased year ago, came with windows 8.1, was not updated to windows 10.

seems to have a bug: on start up it welcomes me as a user "vladimir" asks for password and then hangs up forever with the white screen and unresponsive.

Password  I'm sure is right, because if I type different password, machine comes back with "Incorrect password" message.

What do you think is a problem and how to go back to factory settings?

I have not made a recovery disc.

Any comp supposedly have a recovery partition, and Recovery Manager but how can I do anything if Window does not come up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

vladimir5

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about needing to recover your laptop and wanted to help.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you so much.

It worked, but it took me the whole day to bring it back to work.

Fitst it restored to factory settings, about 3 hrs., which was Windows 8.1, then it automatically went on to update to Windows 10, which went on into late night.

But everything seems to be working well now.

Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

You are very, very welcome @vladimir5

Best regards,

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.