Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a hp split 13 x2 E8C05UAR#ABA

When I use the tablet without keyboard and put it to sleep the white light near the charging plug flashes. I've checked the batteries and both are fully charged. Is this normal or a result of installing windows 10? While at sleep the white light will flash using up battery. If hooked up to the keyboard and put it asleep the white light on the keyboard near the charging plug flashes. Thank you for any information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @mikjben, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you see flashing led on your PC when the tablet is in sleep mode.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your PC?

That blinking light is normal for sleep mode and there isn't any way to change it, but you can change the action of closing the lid to go into "Hibernation" which does not have the blinking light.

Go to the "Control Panel" and find Power Options. Open that and click on "Change Plan settings" what ever plan you're on, it doesn't matter. Click on "Change advanced power settings" in that window.

Select on battery and in the drop down box choose "Hibernation"

Click on apply at bottom of the notebook.

Now you should not see any flashing Leds on your PC.

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @mikjben, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you see flashing led on your PC when the tablet is in sleep mode.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your PC?

That blinking light is normal for sleep mode and there isn't any way to change it, but you can change the action of closing the lid to go into "Hibernation" which does not have the blinking light.

Go to the "Control Panel" and find Power Options. Open that and click on "Change Plan settings" what ever plan you're on, it doesn't matter. Click on "Change advanced power settings" in that window.

Select on battery and in the drop down box choose "Hibernation"

Click on apply at bottom of the notebook.

Now you should not see any flashing Leds on your PC.

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Does that so the light from blinking while it is shut down as well?
HP Recommended

@Johnnyprophet3, Thanks for your response and time.

When the laptop have shut down it should not flash the blinking light.

As there will no power supplied to any of the components on the laptop.

It should not blink any lights on the laptop.

Hope this answers your query!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.