Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop 2 months ago. It has all the most current updates installed. I bought the laptop primarily to house all my itunes files, pictures, and videos. I successfully transferred all data to the laptop, but in my first attempt to burn a CD from itunes, I received an "Unknown Error 4450".  I then tried to burn the files manually to a disc using the Cyberlink burn software that came installed on the laptop and it also didnt work.  It starts up like it is going to burn the disc, spins for 30 seconds and then stops and opens the disc drive displaying "Audio CD - #0xEB020BED - an unknown error has been detected"

Because I wasnt able to manually burn a cd, I am assuming the problem is in the laptop and is not iTunes.  Seems like something is wrong, but I dont know how to fix this.  Because the laptop is new, doing a system restore will likely not resolve anything, especially if this was a factory build miss.  If I cant burn CDs on this device, there was no point in buying it at all.

Please advise. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For anyone looking for the resolution to a similar error, it was a setting in Default Programs in the laptop. The WIndows Disc Image Burner was the default to read mp4 files. Once I changed that, it works fine now in iTunes and Power2Go.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try with lower speed say around 1/4 of the published speed (ie 4x for 16x blank CD or 8x for 32x blank CD ...).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It isnt an iTunes specific issue if I also cant burn a CD using the installed CyberLink burning software that came with the laptop.  Also, I tried reducing the burn speed to 8x for a 52x CD. Neither worked. 

HP Recommended

For anyone looking for the resolution to a similar error, it was a setting in Default Programs in the laptop. The WIndows Disc Image Burner was the default to read mp4 files. Once I changed that, it works fine now in iTunes and Power2Go.

HP Recommended
Thank you my friend
HP Recommended

This solution of yours failed to work. I can import and play cds fine with i-tunes, jsut not burn them, Have tried differing makes, memorex, maxell, sony, all fail to burn cds , even in windows media player, HELP! !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.