Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, my laptop fan malfunctioned, when running used to produce a broken sound. laptop was still under warranty and raised an issue with HP service and got it replaced with a new fan. The technician reapplied thermal paste. the malfunctioned cpu fan used to cause the cpu to overheat upto 100C but until then used to run fine. upon reaching 100C used to throttle and cpu speed used to drop down 0.38Ghz. used to stay at 0.38 for a while until the temperature dropped down to 50C and then speed increases. again when it reaches 100C speed drops down for a while and increases again. now after replacing the fan and reapplying thermal paste the speed drops down to 0.38ghz at low temperatures (60C) while opening file explorer or browsing or playing a youtube video. any idea what might be the problem? technician asked me to wait till thermal paste dries and if speed is still down reinstall windows. I dont think that is the solution. Attaching images for reference. Sorry for the long paragraph.Screenshot (269).pngScreenshot (265).pngScreenshot (264).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Yashass17,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with your HP notebook wherein the Video Game Performance or FPS drops. 

I suggest that you follow steps from this document. (Click on the word document).

Also, I suggest that you install the critical updates from HP Support Assistant from this link (Click on the word link).

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Yashass17,

I see that you are facing issues with your HP notebook wherein the Video Game Performance or FPS drops. 

I suggest that you follow steps from this document. (Click on the word document).

Also, I suggest that you install the critical updates from HP Support Assistant from this link (Click on the word link).

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Based on the information you provided, it seems like there may be an issue with the CPU itself. The fact that the CPU speed drops down to 0.38GHz at low temperatures even during light tasks such as browsing or playing a YouTube video suggests that there may be an issue with the processor. It's possible that the overheating caused damage to the CPU, which is now causing it to malfunction even with a new fan and thermal paste.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.