Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion gaming 15 ec-0044ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, there is a problem with the operating system. When I purchased an hp pavilion gaming 15 ec0044ur laptop with freedos . After installing windows 10 pro (2004 version) from the official site of microsoft yjen,er functions normally but when you restart or turn off the laptop for a long time turns off 1.30-2 minutes as long as it comes out of sleep mode. Tried to use the hp cloud recovery tool after installation when entering the id writes that the data is incorrect and asks to contact technical support. None of these reasons have yet been resolved. I enter the ID correctly from the box, as the program automatically detects the id but does not allow you to enter the id

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP cloud recovery will not work because you bought the PC with Freedos.

Have you tried completely updating the PC after installing Windows?

Have you installed HP support assistant to update all the HP drivers and BIOS?

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

For updating you can follow this small guide:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/New-notebook-running-slow/ta-p/7057949

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Installed the latest version of Windows from the official site via iso image. First of all, of course, I updated the drivers and BIOS without suport assistant, after installing this program and after checking the system, it did not recommend updating anything else. I'm not a novice PC user, so I understand what's what, but in this case, there are some strange things happening. Completely reinstalled the system with disk cleaning - the problem remains

HP Recommended

The BIOS cannot be updated. Otherwise, the laptop will start to overheat. I think the problem is in the BIOS itself. It's broken. The laptop turns on quickly, but turns off for a very long time! We need a fix!

HP Recommended

@Ivel Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing a long reboot system.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.